Fashion designer Zac Pozen. Public talk in V&A

10:19

8th June 2016. 14:30. 



American celebrity designer Zac Posen had a public talk with English writer Kinvara Balfour at Victoria and Albert Museum. He appeared on the stage as a ray of sun, perfectly dressed, handsome and charming. Here are some quotes from the event.

About London


"When I was a kid, I was fond of cooking and wanted to be a baker. But at the age of 16, my mom said: get a job. I started with fashion. But I still love cooking and my recipe book is coming next year. 2 years later, at the age 18, I came to London to study at St. Martine’s and messed into the British culture. My parents were afraid that I was buying drugs here. But I was buying coffee, fabrics and books. A lot of books! Londoners, you don’t even understand how fortune are you to live in a city with such a glorious history and outstanding architecture. I really jealous for roses! Every small flat has them on the terrace, and that is so beautiful. V&A is my favourite museum in the world! It is a nice place to rest and retire! I need seriously to think about!”

Met Gala 2016




Because I was trained as a performer, I am very comfortable around actors. Claire Danes is my friend. We were growing up in New York 2 blocks from each other. Anna Wintour wanted me to take care of her, and I accepted this proposal with great pleasure.
“You owned that night! Everybody was speaking about that dress!” – said Kinvara. “Well, I really expected that I would have more competition!” - “So where did you find that micro-optic fabric?” - “I googled! Knowing exactly what I was looking for. Fashion always inspires creativity! There were 30 of batteries below the dress, they were supposed to last 10 hours and it was tricky a bit if they would turn off. That was a great experience to build a dream dress that took 600 hours. And to complete the look we ordered a carriage.”

To Be Zac Pozen

In 2001 Zac Posen set up a luxury label under his own name that shows 16 (!) collections a year. "Sometimes maybe even more," - said designer with his signature smile. - "What means to be a Zac Posen? First of all, it is being a long distance runner and learn new skills on daily bases: how to delegate, trust and keep a hand on the process. You need to do business with passion but never forget about market's needs and expectations". 

You Might Also Like

0 коммент.

Популярные сообщения