Trend of the coming season.

10:20

          Military fashion

DKNY A/W16/17


Speaking about the most intensive trends of the coming season, it is necessary to highlight, that military outfits get more and more popular. A trend, set by the young people from antiwar movement (Vietnam-USA) in 60s, trickled up rapidly to the catwalk. Since that time the interest to the military inspired style have not gone and seems to be timeless. So what does make it so popular not only with men but women as well? To answer this question, using Fashion Weeks as trend forecasters; let's pay attention to Ready-to-Wear women collections of Autumn/Winter 2016/2017. 

Individualization. 

Most of the Valentino's catwalk looks demonstrate brands heritage for elegance and completeness of the line. Though at the same time we can see combat boots mixed together with feminine tulle dresses; patch-pocket-coats matched with pleated skirts. These garments make woman look fitted, sophisticated and powerful. One expressive piece would make your look stylish and not freezing cold. 

RTW Valentino A/W 16/17
RTW Valentino A/W 16/17
















Functionality. 
Lace-up boots, parkas, khaki coats are warm, comfortable and easy to wear. From season to season we can see the new cuts, fabrics, shapes and colors, but nothing new. Wearing black during the cold season you don't worry if it's dirty. What is more, to follow the trend you don't need to wear khaki from feet till toe. And the main plus - it would never be out of fashion.

This trick has been used by DKNY, whose unisex garment met warm welcome with public. This collection strictly reflects nowadays atmosphere. Androgenic looks, short haircuts, oversized clothes - blur the line between sexes and inspire woman to be strong. 

RTW DKNY A/W 16/17
RTW DKNY A/W 16/17

Heritage. 
Today's military uniform is not about fashion but about low coast and functionality. To get the inspiration we need to look through archive photos during the WWI and WW2. 

WWI British uniform
RTW Valentino A/W 16/17

WWI French soldier uniform
RTW Burberry A/W 16/17

So why do we still want to dress like military officers did a hundred years ago? First of all, heritage designs beautifully tailored with modern fabrics (such as heavy cottons, waterproofs, soft merino wool) modern and up-to-date. 


RTW Dries Van Notten A/W 16/17
RTW Burberry A/W 16/17

From the other side, sparkling embroidery, shiny metal buttons and authentic accessories have always featured to aristocracy. They look fancy and rich, making people want them in order to relate themselves to the upper-class intelligence. 
RTW Burberry A/W 16/17
RTW Burberry A/W 16/17 


Street style.
Watching people in the streets, colleagues and friends I finally realized that military is everywhere! My favorite coat that I bought in USA 7 years ago (! - so the trend is really timeless :) is also military inspired. So why do we choose this clothes?


"Actually, I did not buy this coat. My mom gave it me. Military is about empowering for me. That's how I want to feel like today. I love its length! It makes me feel safe, not showing too much. What is more, rock music is my favorite, and wearing this garment I feel related to its culture," - Cindy, student, London.
Cindy
 It was a lovely spring day. I put it on and realized that I won't leave this shop without it! Love it for its minimalistic design, " - Miriam, mom of 4 kids, London.

Miriam

So, what's about me, I love my black coat that it is matching to every piece in my wardrobe! I love to wear it with snickers or high hills, with beautiful dress or jeans. What is more, it has a belt, that visually makes me even more thin. That is really necessary if you work in the beauty industry, when most of your friends are models:).
Tatiana

You Might Also Like

0 коммент.

Популярные сообщения